Share This Article
…and the public decides!
Laureus introduces exciting new Best Sporting Moment of the Year Award. For the first time ever sports fans can be part of the Laureus World Sports Awards. Six moments symbolise the true values of sport
You will probably hold your breath for a moment, you’ll definitely get goosebumps and there is a chance that you’ll even shed a tear or two: for the first time ever sports fans can be part of the Laureus World Sports Awards and vote in a global online poll for a newly created Award. The new Laureus Best Sporting Moment of the Year Award identifies the sporting moment, which has most resonance with sports fans around the world.
The six nominated moments, selected by the sporting legends of the Laureus World Sports Academy, look beyond the scoreboard or podium, they symbolise the true values of sport and bring to life the message that sport has the power to change the world.
- DRAMA Alistair Brownlee helps brother Jonny over finish line
- REMARKABLE Barcelona U12s comfort Japanese opponents
- FAIRPLAY Jack Sock tells Lleyton Hewitt to challenge
- MAGICAL Iceland players perform Viking war chant
- SPORTSMANSHIP Nikki Hamblin and Abbey D’Agostino show Olympic spirit
- HEARTWARMING Portugal fan Matisse, 10, comforts sobbing Frenchman
By voting, fans are in with the chance of winning VIP tickets to the Laureus World Sports Awards on February 14th in Monaco and walking the Red Carpet with the superstars. The voting period lasts from January 16th to February 4th.
What’s not to like? Go to www.myLaureus.com and enjoy!