Share This Article
Sasko Mother’s Day breakfast recipes.
SASKO Smoked Beef Croque Monsieur
Prep time: 20min
Cooking time: 5min
Yield: 12 portions
15g SASKO Cake Flour
50g Emmental cheese, grated
50g Mascarpone cheese
5 ml Dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper
100g sliced smoked beef
8 slices SASKO Low GI Whole-Wheat Bread
150g Emmental cheese
80 g butter
- Place milk and thyme into a saucepan and scald. Allow to infuse for 10-15min.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over a low heat. Remove from heat and add flour. Stir until a thick paste is formed. Return to heat and cook for 2-3 min. Slowly add infused milk, stirring all the time. Do not allow lumps to form.
- Once all milk has been added, bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Cook for 2-3min. Add grated Emmental cheese, mascarpone and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make the sandwiches, spread the cooled cheese béchamel evenly onto 4 slices of bread. Top with sliced smoked beef and the remaining Emmental cheese.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the sandwiches until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Cut into finger size pieces and serve warm.
SASKO Choc – Chip Granola Bars
Prep time: 15min
Cooking time: 15min
1 pkt. SASKO Quick Treats Cookie Mix
1 large egg
100g Chocolate chips
½ tsp. ground cinnamon powder
85g walnuts, roughly chopped
170g dried apricots, roughly chopped
85g pumpkin seeds
50g ground almonds
50g sunflower seeds
- Mix Cookie Mix as per recipe on pkt.
- Melt honey and add to the Cookie Mix
- Add all dry ingredients
- Line a baking try with paper
- Press granola bar mix into the baking tray
- Cook for 15m. at 180 degrees
- Allow to cool
- Cut into desired size
SASKO Berry Flapjacks with Honey, Mascarpone & Toasted almonds
Prep time: 5min
Cooking time: 10min
Yield: 18 Flapjacks
1 bag SASKO Quick Treats Flapjack Mix
30ml Vegetable oil
2 extra large eggs
10ml Vegetable oil for frying
150g blueberries (optional)
150g Cape Gooseberries
250g Mascarpone cheese
100g almonds, flaked & toasted
- Beat oil, milk and eggs together in a mixing bowl with a whisk
- Gradually add the flapjack mixture to the egg mixture and beat thoroughly with a whisk until lump free
- Spoon mixture with a tablespoon onto a hot, well greased frying pan. Turn halfway through the frying process and fry until golden brown.
Pile 3 flapjacks on top of each other, add dollops of Mascarpone, scatter with blueberries and gooseberries, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
SASKO Bacon, Egg & Slow Roasted Tomato Toast Cups
Prep time: 10min
Cooking time: 10-15min
Yield: 6 cups
75g melted butter
6 slices of SASKO Low GI Whole Wheat Bread
6 rashers streaky bacon, pre cooked and cut in half
6 large eggs
Salt and pepper for seasoning
6 roasted vine tomatoes
100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly grease a standard muffin try with melted butter
- Using a rolling pin gently flatten the slices of bread, remove the crusts and cut into a square
- Press the bread into the prepared muffin tin and brush lightly with the remaining melted butter
- Top the bread cups with streaky bacon and crack one egg into each cup
- Top with crumbled feta and two halves of a roasted tomato
- Season with salt and pepper
Bake for 10-15min until the egg is cooked through and toast cup is crisp. Remove from the oven and serve warm.