Share This Article
Partner – Advisory Services
Bongiwe joined the Mazars in February 2003. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant and was promoted through the ranks to manager and later senior manager. She has over ten years’ experience in external audit within a broad range of industries and has managed various clients from owner managed businesses to large listed entities. She was promoted to partner at the Cape Town practice in March 2018.
Bongiwe obtained her BCompt degree at the University of South Africa and has passed her PPE exams, after completing her post graduate CTA certificate through the University of Fort Hare.
Bongiwe completed her articles within the Mazars audit department obtaining experience with various sized entities across a broad spectrum of industries including exposure to Public Sector assurance engagements. This experience has provided Bongiwe with a widespread accounting and auditing background. Prior to completion of her articles Bongiwe worked in Mazars’ business services department where she performed bookkeeping services for external clients.
In her position, Bongiwe primarily performs the following functions:
- Manage and monitor the work of audit staff members and review their work
- Assessment of staff development areas and the development of progressive plans to aid their technical and professional skills
- Conducting of staff evaluations bi-annually
- Directly reporting to clients as well as partners of the audit firm
- Preparation of reports to be presented to management on audit outcomes
- Budget management of the audit assignment and audit billings and work in progress analysis.
- Reviewing of financial statements for IFRS and GRAP compliance where applicable
- Staff training on various technical aspects
- Submission of audit readiness assistance lists to clients and facilitate the assessment of audit readiness
- Analysis of client’s control environment and identification of control weaknesses and communication thereof to management
- Exposure to the public sector assurance engagements in consultation to the Auditor General of South Africa which encompasses diverse aspects from the planning to the final draft of the financial statements under the PFMA
- Involved in the internal training for trainee accountants on technical aspects
- Content building and facilitation of training on accounting for non-accountants for existing clients