Share This Article
When asked about skincare many of us focus on good skincare routines and a great looking skin. Before the age of 40, not much would be said about wrinkle prevention or the prevention of sun damage. Your skin only shows the sun-worshipping secrets of your youth later in life, when it becomes especially apparent around the neck area and on your hands and arms. Fortunately it’s never too late to do damage control and an effective treatment plan that covers all the angles is possible at Body Renewal.
How can I restore and treat sun damaged areas on my face and body?
- Lifestyle: Avoid the sun during peak exposure times; wear hats, good sunglasses and broad spectrum sunblock.
- Body Renewal treatments: We offer various treatments and therapies, some of which are covered below, to restore damaged skin on your body. Numerous options will be discussed with you to allow you to make the best selection for your individual needs.
- Topical maintenance: You must do your part in the recovery process by using the correct topical products in order to improve your skin’s appearance.
- Internal maintenance: You will be advised about the correct nutrition and supplements to boost your progress and help maintain a healthier skin and body.
What skin treatments are available?
- TCA™ Peels: You may be familiar with these peels for the treatment of acne scars, enlarged pores and uneven skin tone. TCA peels are available in different concentrations; from a mild 10% peel, to a deeper chemical resurfacing peel of 35%. We will select the best strength for your concern and whilst there may be some social downtime, depending on the strength applied, the results are worthwhile.
- 3D™ Peel: This medium depth chemical peel is recommended for more advanced skin problems and is only performed by a trained Medical Doctor. The 3D Peel uses a range of ingredients and penetration-enhancers that work in synergy with one another to achieve the desired outcome in a controlled environment.
- Fraxel® DUAL: This laser treatment can treat both superficial and deeper skin problems such as pigmentation, skin tone, lines and acne scarring. This machine is used to repair and restore your skin and is more effective than some of the older laser types.
- CO2 Fractional™ Laser: This carbon dioxide based laser is used for skin resurfacing as well as treating deeper wrinkles scarring and sun damage by removing the outer layers of damaged skin.
- Pearl™ Fusion: This technique uses a combination of Pearl Resurfacing and Fractional Laser technology to offer a full skin rejuvenation therapy. The Pearl Resurfacing improves pigment texture, pore size and fine lines; providing full outer skin renewal whilst the Pearl Fractional Laser treats deep wrinkles and sun damage.
- Skin Needling: This treatment uses multiple needles to vertically pierce the skin, so as to cause less outer skin damage, whilst further enhancing the results by introducing a serum or various active ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin.
Which supplements will help improve my skin?
- Natural supplements that have an anti-inflammatory effect will help heal and detoxify the body while treating pigmentation and the effects of ageing.
- Anti-oxidants will help increase the skin’s resistance to the sun.
- Stomach acid restoration and good gut health is vital in treating skin problems and there are various supplements that will restore, aid and balance these imbalances.
Looking after one’s skin is mandatory if you want to retain a youthful appearance for longer and I would recommend (at least) monthly anti-ageing treatments for anybody that really cares about the condition of their skin on neglected areas!