Share This Article
Starting anything new can be scary. But that fear is actually really powerful. You’ll be amazed at what you can learn by conquering your fears and just going for it. “At Ignite Fitness we believe in group training and forming a community that supports one another, therefore even though starting something new can be daunting, we actually embrace it – together!” says Lauren Vanacore from Ignite Fitness.
We’ve put together Top 5 Tips you can follow to Spring Clean your Gym Routine before the Festive Rush:
- Take an Active Vacation: With the Ignite Fitness app, you can now enjoy your vacation while still reaching your fitness goals or why not seek out a destination with interesting facilities, races, or activities? Mauritius actually has a Mountain Biking Race, I wouldn’t mind racing on a tropical island!
- Set clear goals: Summer is 2-3 months away, so now is the time to really invest in your personal goals, whatever they may be. Be clear on how you’re going to reach them and ask an accountability buddy to join in the fun! See point 4. “Create a mood/vision board,” says Ilana van Schalkwyk, Head of Fitness at Ignite Fitness. “Don’t compare yourself or your journey to what the expectation of social media creates. A vision board allows you to have a journey that is unique to you and your goals. This also helps to motivate yourself to keep moving when you aren’t always feeling it. This vision board also doesn’t have to just be about physical appearance but about mindset and body positivity. Because a healthy mindset leads to a healthy body.” she adds.
- Enlist an Accountability Buddy: May it be your trainer at the gym or a bestie, getting someone on board to keep you accountable in reaching your goals, not only makes it so much more fun but it keeps you in check.
- Change it up: Introduce fun and exciting new activities and workouts to your daily grind, such as boxing, bouncing, or dancing! “As a beginner in starting something new, we can get intimidated and overwhelmed with workout information on the internet. Start slow, progress NOT perfection. Rather opt for a simple workout routine and increase intensity as your body starts to get fitter and stronger. Don’t overthink it, just do it !!!” says Ilana.
- Attend Fitness Events: Attending fitness events with like-minded people not only offers a super fun Saturday morning or evening activity but when you connect with like-minded people you make new friends and reach your goals so much easier. “IHRSA (International Health Racquet and Sports Association: International Coordinator and Governing body of fitness/gyms in the world), has recorded and reported for more than 20 years that consumers exercising in Group environments are more likely to achieve their goals, build relationships with like-minded individuals/other members and exercise more often, resulting in them achieving their personal health, wellness, and fitness goals more readily. With this in mind, at Ignite Fitness, the club layout, the type of equipment (much larger variety than any other gym operator in SA), the volume of equipment (about 2-3 times more equipment per member than any competitor in SA), the set-up of areas where our Trainers/Coaches can deliver more relevant and trending workouts. Together with our studios and arenas we are uniquely set up to present the widest range of classes for its members, these classes are led by PTs/Coaches that focus on safe, interval, strength, and conditioning workouts with the latest trends in class structure and equipment.” says CEO and Founder of Ignite Fitness, Schalk Hugo.
For more information, visit www.ignitefitness.com.